Looking for a good & affordable no-contact thermometer?
When your child is sick, determining whether or not a fever is present — and how high it might be — can help you decide whether you can treat the issue yourself or need to consult with your doctor. Several different types of thermometers can effectively take a temperature, but you’ll get the quickest, easiest reading from a forehead thermometer.
A forehead thermometer uses infrared technology to measure the heat emitted by the temporal artery in the forehead. Most models require gently pressing the probe to the temple to get a reading, but there are also no-contact models that only require holding the thermometer a couple of inches from the forehead.
But if you want to be sure that you’re getting accurate temperature readings, it’s important to choose the right forehead thermometer. That means deciding whether you want a thermometer that can be used multiple ways, how quickly you need your reading, and what other features will make the thermometer as easy as possible to use.
Fortunately, our helpful guide has all the tips, tricks, and product recommendations you need to take the confusion out of shopping for the perfect forehead thermometer.
Nurses find it to be extremely accurate; recommend taking temperature 3 times and going with the highest one.
Can use on sleeping child or on a child with an ear infection.
Some parents say they use it to get a rough idea how high their child’s fever is, or average multiple swipes.
Gentle stroke of forehead captures naturally emitted heat from skin over temporal artery.
Contact vs No-Contact
Contact forehead thermometers that require you to press a probe tip to the forehead or temple are typically more accurate than no-contact models. Contact models usually provide faster readings, too. They’re also an ideal option for taking your own temperature.
No-contact forehead thermometers, however, are less likely to disturb a sleeping child, because you only have to hold it 1 to 6 inches from the forehead and scan it across the forehead to get a reading. Also, minimal disinfection is needed if you’re using the thermometer for multiple people, because there’s no actual contact with the skin.
Multifunction thermometer vs. single-function thermometer
While all forehead thermometers can provide a temperature reading via the forehead, some models actually allow you to take readings in other ways as well. You can find thermometers with both forehead and ear modes, so you’re able to scan the forehead or insert the probe into the ear canal to take a temperature.
Ear temperature readings can sometimes be more accurate, but inserting the probe into the ear isn’t advised for newborns and can disturb children who are sleeping. With a multifunction thermometer, you can switch between the two temperature-taking modes depending on your needs.
- Advanced Technology for Excellent Performance: We provide Ultra Sensitive sensors and the latest smart chip with the optimized algorithm to deliver reliable readings and ensure excellent performance. Just faster, more reliable, precise, and hygienic.
- No-Contact Thermometer: This touchless thermometer provides contactless accurate temperature reading that helps you avoid cross infections. No need to clean the thermometer after every use!
- 35 Set Memory Recalls: The thermometer is equipped with an internal memory that can store up to 35 sets of data readings that allows you to keep track of the historical temperature changes for you and your family.
- Easy to Use: Innovative designs and simple, easy-to-use one-button control make our thermometers ideal for use with babies, children, adults, and the elderly.
- Fever Alarm: There are 3 colors display on the LCD screen for different temperature levels. With a clear large LCD Screen Display, it allows you easy to read day and night. ℉ and ℃ are easily switchable.